Jeremy.COM

Monday, August 27, 2007

ZOMG, Spider!

Here is a small adventure in spider killing, in my bathroom. This post is somewhat reminiscent of the Bees! post on Somthing Awful (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2243176).

So it was a Saturday evening, and I was making a trip to the bathroom before watching a movie. Imagine my surprise when I go to wash my hands and see this under the sink (note that I had already given it a quick spray of room deodorizer by the time I took this picture):



My first thought was to crush the insect with a paper towel or something, but it was quite large and nasty looking, so I decided to try some other methods. Enter the nearest spray bottles and aerosol cans I could find (note the word "CAUTION" on the bottle to the left and the poison symbol on the WD-40 ;):


Eat it!:


There we go; after a generous dousing of WD-40 and some random Chinese cleaning solution, it appears that the spider's nervous system has shut down and it can no longer move. Jeremy 1 - Spider 0:



Feeling good about myself, I returned to watching the movie and eating chips; thinking that was the last of that spider, and I'd clean up its dead body later...

THINK AGAIN!:
When I returned to the bathroom I was surprised to see the monster on the other side of the sponge, alive and well. Luckily, I had a small BBQ lighter on hand (it really sucks, but it'll have to do):

Oh snap! It's escaping!! (you get a good view of the size of it here):

It wasn't easy to hit the moving target, especially when the BBQ lighter doesn't always ignite, and when it does there is little flame:

Finally! The smell of crispy spider rules the day. No longer will this 8-legged fiend terrorize the bathroom sink. The true master of the home has taken his rightful throne.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home